1. I had gone through some wilderness mash-up in which the parts of my body had been switched with one another or other objects, while I was lost for a long time. I was trying to make sense of the duration of the experience. What I thought was 3 hours could have been 3 years.
2. There was a little girl, maybe 8, confined to a room in a zoo, though not close to other animals or in an animal habitat. It was in a basement of a building, though in the context of the dream I knew it to be the zoo.
She asked for help from another person, then from me. She wanted to escape. I knew the people ostensibly responsible for her, for this situation, though not parents. I attempted to find their number in my phone to text them, and promised the girl I would resolve the problem. I stayed there a while, without entering the room, until she went to sleep. The only name I could think of was Bob Cranshaw or Crenshaw, the bass player who played with Sonny Rollins for years. (Sonny died yesterday!!), so I could not text the "Bob" in question.
Now I was with the "Bob" that was responsible for the girl. We were doing something else together and I thought it was fortunate I had found him. I laid down the law to him, gravely but not with any anger, in a way he could not argue against. I said something about child protective services. I had resolved the situation.
***
The dreams are about care of self and care of others. Bob is not Bob, but another version of myself.
Is it fair to say that this is an excellent dream (one of your best, let's say)? If so, am I praising your dreaming or your writing?
ReplyDeleteEither way, I will take it. It was a fairly intense dream.
ReplyDelete