Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, January 8, 2010

Clutter

Clutter can reduce focus by distracting the attention and by making materials harder to find. At the same time, some degree of clutter can provide a sense of comforting busyness. A complete lack of clutter can cause anxiety. Piles of clutter tend to follow me around: in my car, my office, my apartment, different rooms of my house, my computer desktop, my email inbox. This year I am keeping my inbox as clear as possible--even if it means searching through other folders to find old messages I need. I am also keeping the desktop of the computer as clear as possible, with only three folders of work. I am working toward an almost completely paperless existence. The idea would be to have only the computer itself, some notebooks, and whatever books I need at any given time.

No comments: