Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Day Off

Today I'm taking the day off. True, I have a whole lot of things I need to do, but I got a whole lot of work done in the first 15 days of the year and will have to put in some hard days in the coming week. I need to stop and breathe a bit.

I'll be listening to jazz for the jazz course, but that doesn't really count as work. I'd be doing that anyway.

Aside from teaching and the requisite preparations, I have to get substantial work on the two grant proposals before I go to Spain next week, because I have early Feb. deadlines. We also have searches going on, with candidates coming in Feb. I don't really envision another pure rest day until maybe mid-February.

I believe in the design of the work week there has to be space, even in the busiest times. Just as you wouldn't want an office that was an open field, you wouldn't want one so crammed with stuff that you couldn't walk across it.

No comments: