Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Streamlining

I often feel the need to streamline, to do things even more simply than before. Streamlining is reducing clutter, routinizing tasks that should be routine, removing unnecessary obstacles. Summer is a good time for streamlining because you can think back to your routine in the school year and think: "Why do I do things in such a roundabout way?"

I'll have a streamlined semester in the fall, because I am teaching a class on Wed. evening, once a week, and only one class on T/Th. I should be able to come up with a work plan in which everything for my two classes grading and prep, can be done in a few blocks of time on T/W/Th. 3 hours on each day, for example. If I have the discipline to do that then I will be in great shape.

No comments: