Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Life Hack 26: Time

As a consequence of your new-found sense of freedom there will also be a new sense of time, one that will be at once less cluttered (in its feel) and more full.

*You will devoting your full attention to whatever it is that you are doing.

*The things that you are doing will be worthwhile ones, fully worthy of said attention.

*Things will be less rushed, but you won't be showing up too early for things either. You will be more comfortable with the flow of time.

*You will be both more appreciative of time, wanting to use it well, but also more patient.

*You will be as busy, or more, but without the sense of pointless busyness.

When I say you, here, I mean I.  I've always been uncomfortable with time, but now I am able to be less so.

No comments: