Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Cronopios y famas

 I see that Cronopios and famas was translated by Paul Blackburn. I am pleased by that, even without looking to see how good the translation is. I decided to teach my students this book this year, and they seem to like it. We listened to some of an interview with JC in which he describes his invention of the cronopios, in a Stravinsky concert in Paris, at intermission, when he sensed the presence of some beings passing by, like green balloons, and named them cronopios.  He says it not because Kronos = time, but then there is that vignette about the artichoke clock invented by one of them.  

***

Yesteray's wordle word in Spanish was albur.  It's kind of an obscure word even for me, making me think of Galdós and that period.  Today's word is also super-obscure, so much so that I'm surprised I got it at all. 

No comments: