Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Research Demands

I've heard some grumblings about the "research demands of tenure track jobs" and I just have to scratch my head. If research is meaningless to you, if you see it as a "demand," then maybe you should give your job to someone who knows that the reason you have a tenure track job is so you can do research. Maybe one of the other 199 people who applied for your job and is in a university less supportive of her research?

On the other hand, if you are expected to do a large amount of research and teach a heavy load, that is is a problem. If there is inadequate money to support your research travels, as is my case, that is a problem.

No comments: