Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Vanity Metrics

Just when I said I wouldn't be following my vanity metrics, I realized I was creating my own profile in google scholar. You can consult it it you want, by googling my name and going to google scholar. It might be better termed a humility metric, because I don't have nearly the numbers of citations I would need to justify my enormous ego.

I have 50 followers for Bemsha Swing and 49 for SMT. This means that SMT will soon overtake BS as my more popular blog, since a while back I had many more followers there than here.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I also decided to stop wasting time on vanity metrics after I read that post of yours where you suggested it. And then I noticed that while I was making that decision and planning a post I was going to write about it, I kept pressing the Refresh button on my blog's Stats page.

And that was the end of that good intention. ;-)