Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, November 10, 2014

Conclusions

I would advise against the kind of conclusion that is virtually useless to the reader of your book, a summary of the chapters, a mere repetition of an earlier summary of the chapters in a prologue, preface, or introduction. Instead, the conclusion must draw out implications that are not fully spelled out anywhere else.

It is better to have no conclusion at all than one that is a mere placeholder.

3 comments:

Vance Maverick said...

"It has not escaped our notice that the specific pairing we have postulated immediately suggests a possible copying mechanism for the genetic material."

I'd forgotten that in the original, there are more words after that, but they're by way of notes, and the classic line still counts as the parting shot.

Vance Maverick said...

Don't know how seriously you take such things, but there's a comment on the 'anti-whetstone' post that you probably don't want representing you.

Jonathan said...

Thanks. Didn't see that because it didn't hit my email for some reason. I will vigorously delete spam comments.