Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Running (2)

A friend died today. More about him later when I have time to collect my thoughts.

I went to the gym to run. I did a 10k around the track in 1:15. It seemed the best therapy.

I did a 10k easily in 1:30 last week, walking the whole way, so I figured I could beat that by running a bit and walking at about 4mph the rest of the time. To beat my time of 1:15 I must simply run more and walk less.

I was hot, my legs felt heavy at the end, but I was not bored or strained in heart or lungs in the least. My motivation flagged about half way through, but I recovered from that and finished the last 2 miles and a quarter running. Since I know I can run 3.12 miles (a 5k) then I can string together at least that much. My medium-term goal should be a 30 minute 5k and an hour and 5 minute 10k.

No comments: