Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Metabolism

I think I have a different metabolism because I often find even short poems to be too long. I think, I could say that in about half the words. That could explain too why people don't find my poems very good: maybe they think the poem is just not enough, that there is not enough there there.

Here is one that I wrote as part of a bad book that ended up being good (imho).



There are skyropes

If you find one

you can climb quite high

past cold clouds



Here's another one:


POEM IN THE PASSIVE VOICE


My book Pristine

was rejected 14 times

but never so cruelly

as by the woman for whom it was written





2 comments:

Andrew Shields said...

That second one has a nice play on "rejected"!

Leslie said...

epigrams