Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Guadalupe

The poet Guadalupe Grande died early last year, but her facebook page is still up. I knew her a bit; she was part of the circle of Mestre, who would invite me to his house. Her father was Félix Grande, her mother, Francisca Aguirre,  poets of the 50s generation. 

Since her face book page is still up people last year (and this year) are leaving her birthday wishes, not knowing that she is no longer with us.  I guess that is the hazard of being "friends" on facebook. You know the person, or who the person is at least, and have generally warm feelings for them, but you don't know them well enough to realize that they are dead.  I wrote something on her timeline pointing out that it wasn't such a happy occasion, since 70 people had written on her timelines with "felicitaciones."  

No comments: