Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Dream of Raymond Williams

 I had an opportunity to meet Raymond Williams, or was in an audience where he was giving a talk. No details about his physical appearance, since I have no idea what he looked like, so my dreaming mind constructed no imagery.  Anyway, I was trying to ask him what the phrase "structures of feeling" meant, since I have always admired that. I couldn't get him to answer.  

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I realize I don't actually know what that phrase means. After my dream I googled it and came up with only the vaguest of definitions. I use the phrase in my own head to refer to something the seems to respond to that language, but I have no idea of what Williams meant by it.