Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, April 1, 2024

The music paradox

 The idea is that music suggests the existence of a different world, a world where such as thing like music existed. But, since music exists in our own world, then this other world is not truly other: it is our own, after all. But we have to go through these particular steps to get to the realization that music exists in our own world, because music suggests the existence of a different world, a world where such a think like music existed. But, since music exists in our own then the other world is not truly other: it your own, after all, But we have to go through these particular steps to get to the realization that music exists our own world, because music suggests the existence of a different world, 

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I started playing classical guitar duets with a friend. He's a better player than I and more experienced, was actually a music teacher in a former life, has thought about some things I haven't.

He was saying something about how keys and chord progressions worked and how certain keys had personalities, and suddenly I said AHA, *now* I understand why Darío has titles like "Sinfonía en B mayor" and so on, it's not from the point of view of listening separate from the performance, it's from the feeling you have playing it, with spheres and layers of music theory expanding all around you.

He said: Yes, music is very strange, and humans are very strange to have invented it, followed up this far on sound.

I am still trying to assimilate all of this but I think it is one of the most interesting realizations I've had in life, what I saw during this conversation