Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, August 28, 2026

Degrees of confidence

 Surrounding the Jason Arday case, there are huge areas of deception, inconsistency, fraud, plagiarism, exaggeration, embellishment. It is not just a question of plagiarism, but of an entire back story that kept changing shape. This not a question of one or two lies, but of a pattern of shifting narratives. 

The result is that it is impossible to have any degree of confidence in any claim made by Arday, or claim made on his behalf by others. Some things in his memoir may be true, but why would anyone have any confidence in any of it? Even a seemingly innocuous detail could be false.  

It would take a rigorous forensic process to sort out the lies and deceptions. At the same time, we're told that Arday was subject to far too much scrutiny! 

No comments: