Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cultivating Qualities

At various times of your professional life you'll be concentrated on cultivating certain qualities in your self. Tenacity or humor, erudition, flexibility. Maybe just dogged persistence. Right now the quality that I am most interested in is receptivity or disponibilidad, the ability to really hear what the text is saying, to be open to its music and tone. To not be closed off to as much, to as many styles. It's part of my general affection for acute self-awareness. I have to fight constantly against my own narcissism.

Anyway, the point here is to decide what particular qualities you want to cultivate and do so self-consciously.

No comments: