Featured Post

More...

Poetry foundation on Bishop Her father died before she was a year old. Her mother suffered through serious bouts of mental instability and...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tabatha's Salon Invasion

There's this rather stupid reality show in which an Australian woman takes over a hair salon run, usually, by unintelligent-seeming and barely competent Americans, and attempts to set things aright. I think this show is stupid, though, in the way that Stupid Motivational Tricks is stupid. In other words, there's an intelligence running underneath it all. What I like is that she looks at everything, from the furniture to hygiene to the quality of the work itself. Though I have no interest at all in hair cutting, I find I take away quite a bit from this absolutely inane program. Every detail is important. There is a total system that makes good work possible, and the quality of the work must be judged in the context of how, when, and where it takes place.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I watch this show, too. :-) And for the same reason. I like seeing efficiency and hard work transform seemingly hopeless places.