Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Open Secrets

I gave my presentation at SIUE (Southern Illinois, Edwardsville) today on the "Open Secrets of Scholarly Productivity," to a very lively and engaged group of faculty members, including the academic blogger who invited me. I noticed, right at the moment I was about to start, that I didn't have my first page of notes. Luckily, I improvised and nobody noticed a thing. It's more boring to read off notes anyway, so it probably was just as good as it would have been. There were lots of questions and comments afterwards, so I have to say it was a success. I will give this other places too, if invited.Just let me know and we will see if we can arrange something.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

It was a great success. And nobody realized you didn't have your notes. I think the presentation only got better for lack of them.

Thank you for giving this great talk!