Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 7, 2020

Instead of a to do list

I've been reading my usual slew of productivity advice. I found one suggestion that instead of having a to do list, you should have an "already done list."  The idea is that you just write down everything productive you do. Here is mine for today. I  divide it into professional, personal, and musical.

The advantage is that you never write down something that you haven't already done.  You never have to cross something off a list, or have something hanging over you. I am assuming that you actually know what you have to do, so the problem is not forgetting something. Also, you can see what you've done easily, over the course of days, weeks, and months.

Worked on Lorca IV intro, made substantial progress: divided into sections
 Worked on book review of Baroque Lorca: substantially complete
 Purchased ticket for Spain trip / forwarded receipt to office
Submitted travel request
Various emails about BA program 
 Wrote saying no to Hispanic Review book review request
Looked at proposal for Canadian govt. grant I am refereeing
Emailed Latin American studies with publication per Marta’s request
           
Paid bills for Feb.
Added to “meditation insights”
Bought pants
Blog post
 Had piano lesson  
Worked on Mozart adagio & “Summertime”


No comments: