Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Brainstorming note taking

What I usually do to write down ideas [before the stage I'm ready to write sentences and paragraphs] is to just make a numbered list. I don't bother with worrying about the order of the list, or the relative importance of the ideas, which might be as simple as statements of facts. There is no argument, yet, in the list of things I have written down. There might be an argument in my head, but I am not ready to commit it to a paragraph yet.  The numbers are not even a structure, but a pseudo-structure. But I like the illusion of organization.

An item on the list can be a single word or phrase or a whole paragraph.  The idea is to generate material.

No comments: