Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Dream

In this dream my daughter and I both woke up in the middle of the night and were talking.  Suddenly I realized that the date was different, that we were in the past. I tried to find something to confirm this, and she said, look Dad, I'm 12-years old again! I took a picture of her 12-year old self to prove the reality of the experience. I thought that since we were back in the past we could warn people of the Covid Virus, but I wasn't quite sure how that would work.

Now she was acting like a 12-year old, though really like a much younger child. Daddy! Daddy! The next morning, still in the dream, I was trying to find the photo on my phone to prove its reality, but I could not. I saw other images of my grandmother and others there.

Then I tried to go back to sleep; I was in my dad's study at my parents', and there was a reel-to-reel tape playing on and on. Now it was playing a tape of a solemn funeral oration for my mom's friend Joyce (who is still alive). I got up to try to turn it off so I wouldn't wake the other people in the house, and encountered multiple power-switches in a confusing array of stereo equipment. I finally found the one to turn it off. Julia was coming back into the room to bug me as I was trying to get back to sleep.  It wasn't clear whether she was her 12-year old self or her 24-year old self at this point.

As I was waking up for real I still wanted the experience to be real. I almost checked my phone for the photo.

No comments: