Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, October 16, 2023

New Book outline

 1, Intro

2. Lorca the musical intellectual 

3. Lorca and Flamenco (I):  1921-1931

4. Canciones españolas 

5. Germaine Montero

6. Singer-songwriters

7. Lorca and Flamenco (II): From Camarón to Poveda

8. Conclusion: Postmodernism and Middle-brow culture 

The new title would be Lorca, Flamenco, and Popular Song 

The idea is to leave the classical legacy for another book, or maybe even another scholar.  I don't mind writing a shorter book. The real story here is the vernacular. Writing about all the operas and ballets would be marvelous, but I'm only one guy.  

I had a line about a medium size book about a vast topic. Now it will be a medium short book about a vast topic. 

No comments: