Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, November 11, 2023

2 piano dreams

 1. 

Night before last: I was at a jazz piano camp, but I realized nobody had played piano yet (after a few days). I sat down to play "Bemsha Swing" but someone shushed me.  

2.

Last night: there was a piano keyboard installed in a complicated wooden structure, with the shape of a tall china cabinet. This structure was designed to increase the resonance. If you tapped on the wood it would be like a drum. Someone was demonstrating it by talking about the wood (not playing the piano).  I got up and started tapping the wood and commenting on its density (or lack of density; it seemed very light). 

I tried to play a few notes on the keyboard, but I didn't note any particular resonance. Then I hung around for a while, ending up offering to give ride homes to two other people who lived nearby.  The dream morphed into something else. 

No comments: