Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, December 4, 2009

Eight-hour Day

The idea today is to work from 7:30 to 3:30, basically an 8 hour day, stopping for lunch or coffee break. During this time I will work only on teaching and research, without conducting any personal business or even blogging (except right now). The idea is to avoid any "bleeding" between work and non-work. Often we don't know how much time we are spending working, because work bleeds into personal time and vice versa. That in itself might not be a problem, if we are comfortable working like that. The problem comes when we might come to think we are overworked, with work invading every spare moment, and yet still relatively unproductive. I want to adjust labor to trabajo. The 8-hour day is simply a tool.

No comments: