Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Why "stupid"?

Why are these "stupid" motivational tricks? Why not intelligent ones?

Basically, you don't need to be particularly smart to follow them, and many might sound silly or very, very obvious. Also, many of the tricks discussed here will not be original with me. The idea is to take care of the mechanics of organizing time and space in order to free yourself to do your writing. Often times that will mean tricking yourself out of certain cognitive habits that are holding you back.

Why "scholarly writing"?

That's the kind of writing I do. My tips are also valid for other kinds of writing--to the extent that problems of writing are the same for any kind of writing.

What other resources do you suggest?

Research as a Second Language

Study hacks

No comments: