Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dogmatic

The book for which I am known for being the most "dogmatic" was Twilight of the Avant-Garde. This was the book that took the longest to write, precisely because I was constantly revising ideas and debating myself. Apparently it didn't work. I could have taken five more years and still be seen as dogmatic.

Many people just don't think any controversy is valid at all. If you take any position at all, you are dogmatic. And, often, championing any avant-garde work is seen as inherently rigid, since it implicitly (or explicitly in my case) calls into question the value of mainstream poetry.

No comments: