Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Planning

I return to teaching in January. That gives me 6 months (including what's left of August and the beginning of January before school starts) to write six chapters. Two of them are virtually complete: I just have to add a bit to them. So I have to bring at least one to completion every month.

This calls for a measured approach of neither rushing nor procrastinating. Festina lente. I have to work almost every day I am not on a trip someplace, but I don't have to rush on any particular day. I don't feel the need to use timers right now. I can just start working shortly after I get up and try to devote most of each morning to the writing, until about 10:30 or 11.

I am also re-memorizing Gamoneda's Libro del frío (for the second time). That is the activity that will keep my brain occupied at night. I'm sure an article on Gamoneda will emerge somewhere from there.

No comments: