Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Test

I was stuck this morning so I wrote this. I used 25 minutes to write everything I knew (or could articulate in that time) about a particular section of a work of literature. It is not part of a chapter of my book, but it is tangentially related to it. I'm sure the work has not been wasted.

2 comments:

profacero said...

I am sure not.

Meanwhile I've got another counterintuitive (or, contrary to popular wisdom) post: http://profacero.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/in-which-i-experience-life-as-i-did-in-graduate-school-and-early-assistant-professordom/

The next one is going to be about how reading and writing are not strange activities, but it is not scheduled yet.

profacero said...

Also: this, what you did in the 25 minutes, could be a good transition-in activity (cf. my explanation of what happens in the first half of those big blocks of time).