Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, October 4, 2018

A Dream of Adjectives

My father commented to me that my most recent book had a lot of adjectives.  I responded to him like this:

"The adjective is much maligned. Actually, the adjective is what gives color and nuance to prose. You can come up with two adjectives that seem to conflict with each other but describe the same object, like 'volatile and engaging.'"

I cannot transcribe that an more accurately than I have done. I know that the words maligned, color, volatile and engaging accurate to the dream.

As I was awaking I realized I hadn't talked to my father in quite some time, since he died in 2001.

No comments: