Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, March 8, 2019

Dream of Bad Piano Lesson and Imperialist Trump

As if to counteract my recently redefined piano goal, I dreamt that I was in a piano lesson with an unfamiliar teacher. Both my daughter and I were supposed to have a lesson, and she went first, but only talked, without playing.  I sat down to play the Prelude in C Major by Bach and my fingers could not find the notes. I started an octave too high at first, but even when I was in the correct octave I couldn't get it right. I realized that the piano was too high in relation to the bench for me to reach comfortably, but even after those adjustments I simply couldn't do it. In waking life, I can find the chords very easily because it begins with a C major triad. It was unclear whether my daughter would play so I left her there, though with some uneasiness.

After that, I was in a bar but didn't want to have a drink. My girlfriend was there and we went to a hotel lobby where someone was being honored for his contribution of the coaching of baseball pitching. We were shown his photo on the cover of an old issue of Sports Illustrated. The presenter was starting, but Trump, on a stage, was talking loudly in a way that distracted attention away from the ceremony. I walked over and told this to one of the president's aides. The word "rude" was used a lot. The aide said he knew about the rudeness. Finally Trump went to a microphone and began his speech. He talked in a loud, hostile, and bombastic way about Asia, saying we were going to conquer India, and conquer Beijing...  I sprinted away in disgust and noticed that there were only forty people in the audience to applaud him.

There was fight going on in gift shop area as I ran away. Two women, one black and one white, were involved, but by the time I was nearby they were picking up the toppled merchandise and were being friendly to one another again.

In waking life I try to take a negative but non-deranged view of Trump and a relaxed view of piano playing. Apparently, though, in dreams the conscious intent counts for very little.

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

I have to think about this. I had this very complex and busy dream where I and a group were trying to accomplish a number of things, frenetically, and the atmosphere indicated it was the university.

I only remember the end clearly, where we triumphed in one of our projects. This was to get a large metal sculpture of a duck hoisted up and over a wall, that seemed reminiscent of Trump's border wall. The dream ended with the duck landing nicely, upright, on the other side and all of us cheering.

? Very odd.

Leslie B. said...

So bizarre. At piano lesson w/ female relative #1 but neither can play, then at bar with female associate relative #2 but not seeking to drink. Then Trump, then fight in gift shop between woman #3 and woman #4. Hotel gift shops are supposed to be calm and undisturbed and women are supposed to bond shopping and also cleaning up. Yet right after Trump speaks there is this fight between women of 2 races, although they make amends.