Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Fiction?

There is a new site up called universolorca. I learned that you can tour the house of Bernarda Alba in a town in the province of Granada. The only problem is that Lorca's Bernarda Alba is a fictional character. I don't understand the urge to see Lorca's works as fact rather than fiction. It just seems so literal minded. Yes, I know that based plays on actual people, but that doesn't make them non-fictional.

6 comments:

Leslie B. said...

Who has put this thing up, the tourism board or ... ?

Leslie B. said...

... and I have linked it to my course blog in formation. https://garcialorcamodernist.blog/

Jonathan said...

It looks like the Fundación García Lorca is involved.

Leslie B. said...

So I see. I also saw somewhere that that entity was controversial, not considered responsible by all.

?

Jonathan said...

Some people don't like the family's approach to things.

Leslie B. said...

My professor didn't but I never got full details. Now my colleague claims he will get someone from the Casa Museo to give a videoconference. I have not even figured out how many different Casa Museos there are or whether they are fighting among themselves or cooperating.