Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Kendi

 Kendi writes in the Atlantic that the "intellectual" was framed as someone objective and apolitical. I guess I am misinformed, then, because I learned that this concept had to do with political engagement, and dated back to the Dreyfus affair and Zola's "J'accuse." Does he think that Marx is not an "intellectual"? Does he think the Partisan Review clique of New York intellectual was apolitical?  Sartre?  Maybe Baldwin or Fanon? 

Someone on twitter trolls him by saying. "Dis que tu ne connais pas l'histoire des idées sans dire que tu ne connais pas l'histoire des idées."

 "The intellectual has been traditionally framed as measured, objective, ideologically neutral, and apolitical."

No comments: