Featured Post

Thinky

With the Bialosky scandal I realize that my memoir of reading poetry is irremediably academic, in the sense that, much as she think of hers...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Productiveness of the Lazy Day

One day a few weeks ago I didn't really intend to do much. I opened the document and wrote some notes at the end of the essay, after the Words Cited, without even bothering to find where they would go in the essay. I opened the document later in the day and fixed a few sentences, added a few more things, re-arranged elements of the argument. Every time my word-count increased by a few hundred words I quit and did something else. I was feeling extremely lazy.

My document, however, did not seem to care about how lazy I was. It still increased its length by 400 words, which is all it was asking. It may not have been my best work, but it will average out.

No comments: