Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You Can Contribute

You can contribute to SMT in a couple of ways.

(1) Become a "follower" if you are also a blogger. I like having a lot of followers. I have only 14 now even though on a bad day I get 50 page views.

(2) Ask a question to the prose doctor. I will answer if it is a legitimate question that I feel I can do justice to.

(3) Become a contributor. Although I am the dominant voice here quantitatively I have two other collaborators, Bob and Thomas. I'll gradually add a few more authors if I find someone else who I think would complement our collective perspectives.

(4) Comment in the comment box if you'd like.

***

I've introduced a few changes to the site. There are three new pages, About The Authors, Maxims, and The Plain Style. "Maxims" is a collection of pithy advice; "The Plain Style" is a manifesto of sorts. "About the Authors," of course, contains biographical sketches of the three contributors. I might add a few other pages if I think of what might be useful.

***

This blog is designed to serve a public function, even though it began as a way for me to keep my own research on track. If even one or two people derive benefit from it then I feel justified in spending a bit of time with it. I get new ideas for posts almost every day because I am almost always writing or evaluating someone else's writing.

1 comment:

mcconeghy said...

A cry from the wilderness. I'm a follower in the g-reader but I blog elsewhere. Thought you'd prefer a link since the connection is not obvious (or advertised)...

Keep up the great work!