Featured Post

Lilt: a theory of melody

A melody has to catch the ear. A lilt is an up and down movement that has to be asymmetrical or surprising in some way. It can go up, and ...

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Organization Game

One game I play with myself is: "If only I were better organized, I would be much more productive / efficient." I find I sabotage myself a bit by not being organized. If I were, all my problems would be solved. So I have a built-in excuse for every failure! I am not well-organized.

Because really, everything is organization, from the planning of time to the structure of a book. A perfect outline of a book would be the book itself.

So now I am using a website called "workflowy" in the attempt to get everything in order. By the time I go to Barcelona for my summer abroad program everything will be in order.

3 comments:

Professor Zero said...

So I am looking at it. Is it just where to keep lists or can you actually do the work in it?

One of the reason I do as much work as I do on blogs is to keep it all in one place. Maybe I need this, if you can actually work in it.

Jonathan said...

You can do minimal work like making brief notes about a particular task. It is also good for keeping track of what you've done.

profacero said...

Aha, I am seeing the advantages here.
Very interesting, I will experiment with this next week.