Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cycling

Cycling is a technique for a large project. You work on one main chapter, but then if you feel your attention flagging you cycle through the other chapters. I am on a push now to finish this Lorca book. It's taken five years since my 2009 books so I feel impatient, and also that I can just do it. I have three of the major chapters left to go, so I will try to do each one in a month, starting in March. "13 Ways" has 39 pages written, so that will be mostly revision. Then I have "Grain of the Voice" and "Queering Lorca." The idea is that in April I will only have to cycle through one other chapter.

No comments: