Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Friday, August 21, 2015

Crippling Self Doubt

When I am not writing regularly I suffer from crippling self doubt. Once I open up a document and start working on it this disappears. I am able to do it with virtually no transition time. I simply do it. All my past successes count for nothing if I am not working right this moment (or have worked within 24 hours)) And the doubt extends to all other areas of my life too. My sense of self is profoundly affected. I cannot even give you good advice on getting your projects done.

I am not recommending this attitude. I am trying to change it, in fact. Let's just say that for now the solution will be to write.

No comments: