Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, February 20, 2017

Exercise



Here's some strengths and weaknesses I wrote out.  You can see the left hand column under the + has harmony and rhythm, knowledge of chords, harmony, song structure, and, generally a strong work ethic and the analytic ability that makes me want to make this kind of list in the first place.

The right hand side has weaknesses: piano technique, ability to improvise, lyric writing, my ear (in ability to play things I hear), and knowledge of recording techniques.

What this does is to give me some clarity.  Almost everything in the + column has to do with composing, and in the - column with performing.

No comments: