Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, January 27, 2019

The Next Talk

My next talk after Madrid will be at the University of Louisiana in Lafayette, invited by a frequent commenter to this blog. My topic will be "Cultural Geographies of Lorca: From Translation to Musical Adaptation."  These talks always help me clarify my ideas by presenting them to a new group of people. I have given several hour-long talks about Lorca, at Iowa City, Harvard, Córdoba, Tallahassee, and the one coming up next month in Madrid. It almost isn't worth it to me any more to talk about Lorca for 20 minutes, especially since I have to play musical examples for at least 12 minutes.   

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

Cool - they'll love the title. We'll hope for a good audience and weather that permits visiting this lake. (People never believe me when I say it is important but then when they get there it blows their mind. https://youtu.be/24-XBfmEeaY)