Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, July 10, 2020

Ceravalo

I was reading my complete poems of J. Ceravolo and I came across his translation of a poem by St. John of the Cross, "Muero porque no muero." Clearly I had read it before because I had marked it in the table of contents as a poem to come back to, but I had no memory of it. It totally floored me. 

***

I was talking to a friend of mine, Tony, about the first poems we had read. He asked me the first poem I had read of Frank O'Hara, and I remembered it was "The eager note..."  and Wallace Stevens "The Disillusionment at 10:00 O'Clock."  Tony said I was nice to him, treated him as an equal, when I was established academic and he was beginning grad student. That is nice to know. Of course, I would want to treat people well always, but I am not always successful.

Anyway, Tony and I are going to do a poetry workshop. Let me know if you are interested. I will be advertising on facebook since nobody reads blogs any more. 

No comments: