Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, April 24, 2023

Dream of high school crush

 I had a crush in high school on E, never reciprocated. She always had other boyfriends, etc... and probably did not know how I felt. We were friends, and reconnected through facebook after many years. I only saw her once as an adult, when I visited her at her job at the Natural History Museum in Manhattan. (She died this year of cancer.) 

In my dream, we had reconnected, living in the same town somehow, and were going together to some social event, just as friends but with a certain ambiguity about our feelings toward each other. It wasn't particularly sexual in nature. It was more like a purely emotional form of love, much as I had felt when I was 14. 

After I woke up, I then was thinking about it, and then it took me several minutes to remember that she had died... 


1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

It's a dream about integration of self somehow.

I had the opposite dream in a way and I am not over it - in dreams all characters are oneself so . . . the level of hostility expressed toward self was really shocking