Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, April 10, 2023

Visual ...

 

I guess I was expecting something interesting, like what skills are involved in visual literacy? What would be an example of someone who didn't have it? How does it relate to traditional practices of looking at art? Is it a matter of putting into words what we are already seeing? Of teaching to see? Is the idea that people don't know how to interpret visual data in their own lives? That seems improbable. We are able to buy groceries, for example. We need to read the packaging, with images, words. Is there some societal lack in visual literacy that is having a negative effect?  

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

I *still* use John Berger, Ways of Seeing, in class

Jonathan said...

I re-read most of that the other day. Some of it stands up, but I'm still searching...