Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Hardening

 I was always imagining progressing through the decades as a "hardening" process, where what you already were gets solidified or fossilized.  I think, too, we knew less about brain plasticity when I was younger. Also, some older people really are more fixed in place. I'm sure some of that is true of all of us who are lucky to live into seventh decade. (Just to clarify, seventh decade begins at at 60, not 70.). Certain things will not change. Also, we could overestimate the scope of change. So I could be thinking I change a lot, but it might be a tiny bit from someone else's perspective, watching me from outside. No matter, what is important is what I think, not what you think about me.

My concept is reincarnation, but not by dying and being reborn, but within a single life time, becoming different versions of one's self. 

No comments: