Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A contradiction?

 On the one hand... infinite nuance and fluidity, a reliance on poststructural theory...  

On the other hand, absolute, dogmatic moral certainty.  

I cannot understand how you can have it both ways. 

***

An example of a similar cognitive dissonance might be Mother Teresa. I read that she had doubts about the existence of god, etc... On the other hand, no doubts enter her mind about the Church's teachings on birth control.  

***

We have slogan in our liberal town: keep Lawrence weird.  The same friends of mine who approve of this slogan also think that it is a productive strategy to call Trump and Vance "weird."  Well, can you do that volte-face so quickly and easily? It was explained to me that this is just a different kind of weirdness. On their side, it is evil. On our side, it is cute and quirky. 

No comments: