Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Dream of Monk

There was a jazz club where you could visit the past. I went in and noticed it was Monk playing in the corner. I went there to see what he was playing, something that would give me rare insight, I thought. He was playing these chromatic or whole tone runs very fast.  I tried to get my phone out so I could take pictures of it. There was sheet music with titles I didn't recognize.  I was invisible at first to the people there, but then people started saying "excuse me" to get by me. I went out into the street and explained to someone there about the magical nightclub where you could visit the Five Spot of yore. They disbelieved me or didn't care and the dream morphed into something else I don't remember.  

No comments: