Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Fritz

 Fritz, my SO's father, will have a memorial service on the same day as my sister.  On Friday. I can't attend both. I will be going tomorrow to be with my own family in California.  

 Fritz liked Monk (something I didn't know before he died), so I recommended that they play "Monk's Mood" and "Reflections" at his celebration of life.  I want "Monk's mood" at my own funeral! I'd also like Ornette's "Lonely Woman" at my own memorial.  

Fritz was a funny guy.  He could crack us up even when his short term memory was mostly gone.  He was a graphic designer, and taught that at KU for many years, while designing books for U of Kansas press. He retired when he got cancer, and also as his field was shifting to computers which he was not as comfortable with.  

No comments: