Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Anticipatory Vacation

It was hard for me to concentrate in the week before my vacation. The "cycling through" technique was good because my attention was wandering anyway. I was already anticipating the vacation itself, putting myself in that mind frame.

By the same token, the final days of a vacation can be less restful, because of the anticipation of going back to work. I actually cut the vacation short and began working a few days earlier than planned, because I could not stand having so many pending tasks--a tenure case and a peer review of an article for a journal, my sabbatical application...

No comments: