Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Seeing Your Name in Print

There's something about seeing your own name in print. It belongs to you, refers to you, but somehow is not you. It's a kind of an addiction. To be published is a wonderful thing, but the fix only comes a couple times a year.

***

I got a book in the mail with my article in it. I re=read it in print and it gave me a different sensation than when I had written it. I wasn't thrilled with it at the time, but now I think it pretty much kicks ass.

***

I'm hoping my tips about time management and work will be useful for other kinds of writing or creation not necessarily academic or scholarly. Some of my advice applies to scholarship alone, but some is more general.

No comments: