Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ping Pong and Frisbee

When my brother was a little kid, we would throw the frisbee back and forth in our cul-de-sac. I was seven years older, so I was basically teaching him how to throw a frisbee. Later, when he was a teenager, he won frisbee contests and could roundly defeat college students, much older than he was, at frisbee golf.

I used to take my daughter to the gym to play ping pong. Later, got a table. I played easier on her when she was little. When she went to a music camp this summer, she could easily beat almost every other high school kid at ping pong. She lost one game to a kid, but then turned around and beat him, but was otherwise undefeated. Now I can barely score a point off of her.

I have no particular talent for either frisbee or table tennis, but I was good enough to provide enough to provide the proper amount of resistance and / or practice to make a kid much better than I will ever be.

No comments: