Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Note from a student

Got this note in my box today:
Beginning my graduate education in your Spanish Poetry class was a surprising blessing that emerged from your challenging & rigorous expectations, and though I certainly did not expect to work with you as closely as I did, I am very thankful that we found ourselves in Lawrence at the same time. Your influence has undoubtedly improved the ideas that took shape in this dissertation, and your profound affirmation of literary and cultural work continue to inspire me as I transition into my professional life.

Thank you for questioning my ideas; thank you for challenging me to express myself more clearly; thank you for modeling a delightfully percussive intellectual practice.

No comments: